Between 2004–06, Pippa was the Books Editor at Motivate Publishing in Dubai, the Arabian Gulf’s leading publisher of books and magazines.
A key achievement was working with and editing Patrick Lichfield’s book, Dubai, A City Portrait.
She wrote several titles, including: The Middle East from Space, Abu Dhabi – A Pictorial Tour, Sharjah – A Pictorial Tour, The Culinary World of Jumeirah, Sheikh Khalifa – Life and Times, the authorised biography of the President of the United Arab Emirates, and A Family Escape, a short novel with photographs for the Jumeirah Beach Hotel (available in each of the hotel’s 600+ bedrooms).
As Managing Editor of her own small publishing business in 2007, a highlight was the publication of the Living and working in Dubai guidebook. Pippa project managed the entire publishing process from start to finish, including:
- Research, writing and editing the copy
- Design and lay out in InDesign
- Photography, retouching and colour correction in Photoshop
- Creating maps in Illustrator
- Liaising with agencies to obtain an ISBN number and barcode
- Liaising with printers and obtaining quotes for various papers/weights and print runs
- Sending press-ready artwork to the printer
- Signing off printer’s proofs
The book was reviewed by the Expat Telegraph and can be read here. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/4205027/Shifting-sands.html